Sharing the love of food and trying new recipes...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

To-die-for chocolate chip pecan cookies

 



One thing I ate a lot (unfortunately) and used to love during my time in the US was chocolate chip cookies. Upon my return in Switzerland I stopped eating them because I never found cookies here to be soft or gooey enough. But last night I wanted one of those cookies so I searched for recipes.

The recipe below is a compilation of three different recipes I found online. I made an excellent base cookie dough with pure vanilla extract and added some of my favorite ingredients, namely semisweet and bittersweet chocolate and pecan nuts. The dough takes 15 min max to prepare and you only need 11 min or so to bake your cookies... it is almost too easy and too fast to get those melting cookies out of the oven and straight into your belly :-)

Recipe for about 30-35 cookies

5 dl flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
220 g butter (room T)
2 dl brown sugar
2 dl white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 dl (300 g) chopped dark chocolate*
3.5 dl (200 g) chopped pecan nuts


Cream butter and sugar (beat up in a bowl). Add eggs, one by one, while beating and add last the vanilla extract. Mix in a separate bowl dry ingredients and add all at once to the batter. Mix only until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecan nuts. Refrigerate the dough for 20-30min**. Make cookie dough rolls of 5 cm of diameter, cut 2 cm-thick slices and place them on parchment paper (leave space between them because they flatten while baking). Bake for 11-12 min at 175 C.

*I like to mix semisweet and bittersweet chocolate
**You can keep the cookie dough for a few days in the fridge or even for longer in the freezer

References, adapted from:
http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/11245/thick-and-gooey-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
http://joythebaker.com/2010/04/oatmeal-pecan-chocolate-chip-cookies/
http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/1014826/quintessential-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment