Sharing the love of food and trying new recipes...

Monday, August 18, 2014

Caramelized peaches & vanilla mascarpone cream







Mid-late Summer is stone fruit (apricots, peaches, cherries, plums...) season. Last week I made an apricot tart with thyme-infused honey and last year made an apricot-pistachio tart and a plum tart for Jeûne Fédéral. But so far I had never used peaches in any of my desserts so thought it was about time I try that.

I found very nice white peaches at the market and went on to caramelize them (sliced) in a pan. I served them lukewarm with a cold vanilla mascarpone cream (which was so good I could eat it with a spoon...) and some grilled pine nuts. It made for a very nice and gourmand dessert and was very easy and fast to realize. I recommend it!

Recipe for about 4 people:

125 g mascarpone
125 g whipping cream
2 tbsp powder sugar
2 vanilla pods (seeds)

3 peaches
pine nuts

2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water

In a bowl, put mascarpone, cream, and vanilla seeds. Whip it up and towards the end (before it hardens) add powder sugar and continue whipping. Once the cream is firm, refrigerate until use.
Put honey, sugar and water in a pan and heat up. Cut the peaches in quarters (I didn't peel them but you can if you prefer to) and place them on one side in the pan. Let them caramelize (4-5 min) and then place the other face down in the pan for another few minutes until the peaches have a nice golden color. If you're not serving them right away, I suggest you transfer the peaches to an oven / pyrex pan and heat them up 5 min at 75 C before serving.
Grill some pine nuts in a pan while making sure they don't burn.
In a glass cup or small bowl, place some mascarpone cream, a few caramelized peach slices on top, and finally decorate with a few grilled pine nuts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment