Sharing the love of food and trying new recipes...

Monday, May 16, 2016

Buttermilk pancakes with blueberries

Pancake stack #1
Pancake stack #2

Every Monday should start with pancakes for breakfast! That's what I thought this morning after I made my first batch of buttermilk pancakes.

Somehow I often get pancakes for breakfast or brunch when in the US but never thought of making them myself. This morning I had loads of blueberries and half a liter of buttermilk so I said, let's try! And I did not regret it :-)
The batter takes 5 min to prepare and each pancake stays in the pan for about 3-4 min... so it's pretty quick and it's a great way to start the day (provided you go spend those extra calories afterwards :-p ).

Blueberry buttermilk pancakes are a great classic with maple syrup and next time I'll make them with chocolate chips!

Recipe for 10 buttermilk pancakes

2 eggs, lightly beaten
4.8 dl buttermilk
4 tbsp melted butter
4.8 dl flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Topping:
blueberries or chocolate chips
lots of maple syrup
some butter

Mix wet ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl mix dry ingredients. Whisk both mixes together until barely incorporated (there will be small clumps).
Heat up a pan/griddle, brush some butter on it and pour about 1-1.2 dl of the batter onto the pan. If you wish to, add here blueberries or chocolate chips. Let it grill for about 1-2 min on medium heat (until the corners look cooked and bubbles pop on the pancake) and then flip, let grill for another 1-2 min until golden on both sides.
Serve as a stack of 3-4 pancakes with lots of maple syrup  and some (whipped) butter too. Enjoy ASAP (they're best straight from the pan and warm).

No comments:

Post a Comment