Sharing the love of food and trying new recipes...

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chocolate chip chocolate muffins



Two years ago I baked chocolate chip muffins but I thought they were not chocolaty enough. Now I tried and mixed different recipes, and this one is my favorite: chocolate dough with melted chocolate plus chocolate chips. They're perfect!

I suggest you don't bake them unless you are ready to eat them all... last Sunday I made just 6 of them, and they were gone within 20 min between my boyfriend and me. They're great for brunch, as a snack in the afternoon, and of course also for breakfast :-D

Recipe for 12 chocolate chip chocolate muffins

200 g dark chocolate (baking)
120 g butter
4 dl flour
1.2 dl brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1.8 dl buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g chopped dark chocolate (or chips)

Melt chocolate (baking) and butter together in a saucepan or bain-marie.
In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract, mix. Add melted chocolate + butter, mix until incorporated.
Finally add your chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate (I keep a few out for the topping).
Divide the dough into 12 muffin tins, add some chocolate chips on top if you want.
Bake 20 min at 175 C. Enjoy warm or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment